Stay safe and keep informed about COVID-19
06 April 2020
We hope that you and your families are keeping well during this unprecedented time. Keeping the Lot Fourteen neighbourhood and broader community safe is our most important priority. As you know, the threat posed by COVID-19 requires that all governments, organisations, businesses and individuals take a flexible and responsive approach to ensure that we do our best to keep everyone safe, so frequent change has become a necessity.
STOP THE SPREAD
We are actively following all health and travel advice issued by the Australian Government to minimise COVID-19, here is a reminder of some simple ways that you can help reduce the spread.
- If you have been interstate or overseas recently, are feeling unwell, or are in contact with persons infected or suspected of having COVID-19 please self-isolate for 14 days.
- Avoid contact with others (particularly vulnerable people such as older people and those with chronic medical conditions) if you are sick or if others are sick, keep your distance (at least 1.5m) as much as possible, including avoiding kissing and shaking hands.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a clean tissue or elbow.
- Wash hands regularly, particularly after going to the toilet, blowing your nose or handling used tissues.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth, or handling food, until you have washed your hands.
- Wipe down frequently touched surfaces.
All events and activities scheduled at Lot Fourteen have been either cancelled or postponed for the near future and will be reviewed again in several weeks.
While we have suspended our regular community program that includes pop-up food and coffee vans and Hello Fridays, as the consequences of COVID-19 are known and become manageable, we look forward to sharing with you future updates as isolation and restrictions are hopefully reduced.
In the meantime, we are happy to report that we will continue our demolition and North Terrace public realm construction programs as planned, and that our contractors are implementing all necessary safety protocols to ensure the wellbeing of their teams and the community.
For official Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) news and updates for South Australia, visit SA.GOV.AU
If you think you might have COVID-19 or think a family member, employee or work colleague has COVID-19 please contact the SA COVID-19 Information Line on 1800 253 787 for advice on what you need to do.
Looking after your wellbeing and mental health during this time is a priority. We recommend the following resources:
Beyond Blue – looking after your mental health during COVID-19
Black Dog Institute – working from home checklist to support your mental health during COVID-19
Lifeline – tips for maintaining good mental health and wellbeing during COVID-19
Headspace – how to cope with stress related to COVID-19