Who you are
You love getting things done. Working within the engineering team and contributing directly to the code base you will be involved in all stages of the development lifecycle performing planning, delegation, monitoring, and reporting. Responsible for the agile process and product delivery to internal and external customers. You will be in direct contact with all teams in Daitum including product management, development, customer success, and sales.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to break into high-growth startups, or for someone to take the next logical step in their technical management career. You will influence Daitum’s product and meaningfully level up the efficiency of our execution and delivery.
Picture yourself in the role
Reporting to the CTO, a typical week may include:
- Coordinating sprint planning & daily stand-ups
- Liasing with the Customer Success team to prioritise new features & product improvements
- Developing new software functionality & performing code reviews for other team members
- We are open-minded about your background and prior experiences.
The kinds of skills and experiences of other people applying for this role include:
- Strong understanding of software engineering / architecture to comprehend and challenge
/ qualify proposed technical solutions with the team and third-party vendors
- Demonstrated Agile mindset and understanding of agile frameworks including Scrum,
- Solid problem-solving capacity with a focus on outcomes
- Primary communicator and link between product, engineering, sales and customer success
- Experience managing small teams is a plus
- Working in and managing remote teams
- Facilitate effective ceremonies including daily stand-ups, sprint planning and reviews,
retrospectives, and backlog refinement
- Prior experience working on SaaS products is a bonus
In addition to the above, having qualifications and experience with some of the following will be an advantage:
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Applied Mathematics or similar
- Advanced data analytics and computational optimisation
- Spring Boot, Linux, relational databases and JPA/Hibernate
- Cloud providers & technologies like AWS, Azure, S3
Daitum is an Australian-based Artificial Intelligence (AI) company born out of the vision to make decision analytics more accessible.